I discovered Stylus Studio, a great XML editor from Sonic. It does all the usual XML, Schema, DTD stuff, but also edits XSLT and XQuery -- with interactive debugging. I found out about it from a comment by Michael Kay on the Saxon mailing list.
... until the collector arrives ...
I need to identify a font used on a web page and went looking for online tools for this purpose. I ran into IdentiFont. It uses a series of skill-testing questions to identify a font that you are looking at.
WhatTheFont, on the other hand, uses an uploaded image to identify a font.
Linotype's FONTIDENTIFIER is similar to IdentifFont... very similar. Is it the same?
I had trouble trying to use a date parameter in a SQL statement using JScript and ADO. Here is the answer:
var connection = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Connection");
connection.ConnectionString = "Provider=...";
var command = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Command");
command.ActiveConnection = connection;
command.CommandText = "INSERT INTO ... VALUES (..., ?, ...)";
command.Parameters.Item(0).value = messageTime.getVarDate();
Yesterday, a colleague spoke of an initiative at his wife's company to put some automated workflow processes in place. The company had already talked to a consultant who proposed using Zope to meet their needs. This led me into an investigation of Zope, and many other open source content management systems:
- Plone - provides substantial access control and workflow features. Layered on the Zope web application server using Zope CMF (content management framework). One-step installation using a conventional installer.
- TikiWiki - a wiki on steroids. It claims to have pretty well every collaboration feature I can think of, including workflow support. Requires a web server, PHP, and MySQL.
- Magnolia - a Java-based (JSR-170) system. Fairly light in the feature department. Ease-of-use is its main claim.
- OpenCms - Needs Java 1.4, Tomcat 4, and MySQL. Page editing uses ActiveX controls in IE (with a fallback to a simple type-in box for non-IE browsers).
- Typo3 - Needs PHP4 and MySQL.
- ► 2012 (27)
- ► 2011 (8)
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (51)
- ► 2008 (78)
- ► 2007 (94)
- ► 2006 (135)
- ► 2005 (58)
- ▼ 2004 (68)
- ► 1999 (10)