... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)

2004-04-27

I continued working on the 'web services' investigation project.  I spent time reading up on the Microsoft Office XP Web Services Toolkit.  I downloaded the toolkit and generated some VBA from our well pilot WSDL.  That's as far as I got.

I am still trying to decide whether to focus our initial web efforts on SOAP web services, or URI addressable HTTP GETs.  I tried to locate a paper I read on this topic, but was unable to find it.  I thought it was in Fielding's REST paper, but it wasn't.  I also poked around W3C's TAG site.

I helped a colleague work through certificate generation for IIS.  We ended up using OpenSSL (in CygWin) to generate the certificates, and they worked fine.  I rooted around in my archives to locate any docs I had about certificate generation, and I found some old stuff about Microsoft's MAKECERT (in my old diary!).  I have summarized certificate generation in a document.

A few days ago I captured some miscellaneous Java lore.

Blog Archive