... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)

2006-07-04

TOra

There appears to be an open source sibling to TOAD called TOra.  [Postscript, 2006-07-14:  There are bugs in TOra that are so obvious that I can't help thinking that the TOAD guys have purposely introduced them to drive business their way.  TOra is still useful, though.]

XML Namespace Oddities in ALDSP

I was confused about the behaviour of namespaces in BEA ALDSP.  It appeared to be ignoring namespaces for all but the root elements of data service types.  Well, it was ignoring them.  This is because when you create an XML Schema in Workshop, it does not specify the elementFormDefault.  I keep forgetting that elementFormDefault only applies to local elements, not global ones, and that the default behaviour is unqualified, in defiance of common usage.  The moral of the story is to manually add elementFormDefault="qualified" to the XSD.

Blog Archive