... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)

2006-12-12

Subversive / SVNKit

I tried installing Subversive, an Eclipse plug-in for Subversion.  I have been watching this plug-in for a while after abandoning Subclipse.  This time I tried Subversive 1.1.0, using version 1.1.0 of the SVNKit client.  The plug-in seemed reasonably stable, but the Eclipse IDE performed abysmally.  A coworker said that he found similar bad performance, but was able to work around it by disconnecting each project from SVN after performing SVN operations.  Another coworker did not see this behaviour.  I uninstalled Subversive, and Eclipse responsiveness was restored.  Perhaps Subversive was doing some sort of tree crawl in the background that eventually finishes, restoring proper responsiveness?  I'll have to re-install some day to find out.

Blog Archive