... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)

2008-01-04

Scala

Scala is a programming language that seems to be largely a fusion of Haskell and Java.  As is the fad these days, it has its own web framework called lift.  I spent some time working with Scala, and it appears to be a promising successor for Java.  There is a growing, vocal community using it.

My attention was drawn back to Scala by Bruce Eckel's blog entry Java: Evolutionary Dead End.  Quite a few people in the blogosphere share the view expressed in a blog entry by n8han, The awesomeness of Scala is implicit.


Blog Archive