... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)

2004-05-11

When interfacing the WellView calculation engine to ASP.NET, I had to use the interop bridge to ADO so that WellView could share the data connection.  When I do this, cannot retrieve "text" fields (e.g. LongVarChar).  As usual.  It seems very few components can access these fields.  A quick solution was not forthcoming.

I stumbled across a good newbie XQuery compiler message: "no context for path expression".  It might mean you forgot to prefix a variable with a dollar sign.

Blog Archive