... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)



BEA Aqualogic has difficulty with database objects with non-standard SQL names.  For example, when I tried to import metadata from a table with a dash in its name, none of the table's columns were retrieved.  No errors were reported, neither in the Workshop UI nor in the various log files.  I traced the SQL and noticed that Aqualogic was not escaping any of the SQL identifiers.

If you execute an ad hoc query using DataServiceFactory.prepareExpression(), you must return a single element as the result.  If you return...

  • ... an atomic type, the error is "Unexpected element: CDATA"
  • ... multiple elements, the error is "Unexpected element: OPEN_TAG"
  • ... zero elements, the error is "Unexpected end of file after null"

Blog Archive