... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)

2005-12-19

TortoiseSVN

I noticed that the TortoiseSVN process TSVNCache was growing by 4K every few seconds.  At times, it was also consuming 50% of the CPU.  Since my machine was acting sluggish from time-to-time, I suspected that TSVNCache might be the problem.  The TortoiseSVN mailing list was full of people discussing/complaining about the performance of the cache feature.  The general consensus was that while the caching thread was running with 'idle' priority, it was performing a large number of uninterruptible I/Os.  The net result was that the process was too resource intensive.  The solution is to turn of 'recursive processing' in the TortoiseSVN settings.  Note that this setting was removed from early versions of TSVN 1.2, only to be re-introduced in later versions as a result of this issue.  TSVN 1.2.6 has the setting.  See http://svn.haxx.se/tsvn/archive-2005-05/1219.shtml.

Blog Archive