... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)


Apache Tomcat

I noticed that when I was deploying (and especially reploying) WAR files to Apache Tomcat, sometimes the deployment would not be complete.  In particular, the exploded WAR directory only contained a small subset of the files in the WAR.  Furthermore, when I undeployed the WAR, portions of the exploded directory would not be deleted.  I found a solution, however.  Edit the CONTEXT element in context.xml to have the attribute antiJARLocking="true".  You can do this for the context descriptor for the individual application (if any), or by editing the global context.xml in the Tomcat configuration directory.

Blog Archive