... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)

2004-06-22

VSS

Our VSS repository is done for.  It took an overnight job to delete a 15 meg directory tree.  The performance of the repository has been degrading for the last six months, but this takes the cake.  I tried to create a new repository, but it did not work.  Apparently, this behaviour is 'by design', at least according to an MS knowledge base article.  I tried using the workarounds in that article, plus suggestions in another article or two, but was unable to create a new repository.

Blog Archive