... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)

2006-01-11

Eclipse JST Web Services

I tried to use the Eclipse JST wizard to generate a web service.  I kept getting the error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource

whenever during WSDL generation (or parsing).  A Google search revealed that this is a very common problem -- see, for example, Eclipse Bugzilla 104993.  I couldn't find a solution on the Web, but I discovered that if I added activation.jar from the JavaBean Activation Framework to my project build path, everything worked.  I had to exit and re-enter Eclipse for the change to work.  Also, I found that after I had run the wizard successfully once, it worked forever more (i.e. without having to add activation.jar to a project, and in following Eclipse sessions).  Something is being cached somewhere.

Blog Archive