... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)

2006-01-19

WebLogic 8.1 JWS Files

Having discovered that there is a bug in SERVICEGEN where generated web service operations have blank SOAPActions, and that JWS files generated in the workshop do not exhibit this problem, I decided to see how the latter were being annotated.  First I poked around in the generated EAR file looking for some kind of deployment descriptor.  Nothing.  In fact, all I could find was a class file, sitting in the .workshop directory in the JAR file (not even in WEB-INF!).  I suspected that BEA was generating non-standard class properties in the class file, so I wrote a short program using BCEL to dump the properties.  Lo and behold!  There is non-standard property called com.bea.wlw.annotation.v2, that contains a WSDL fragment, some schema, and a bunch of binary (serialized?) stuff.  The upshot is that only the BEA compiler can be used to generate these classes (or perhaps only the WebLogic workshop itself).

Blog Archive