... until the collector arrives ...

This "blog" is really just a scratchpad of mine. There is not much of general interest here. Most of the content is scribbled down "live" as I discover things I want to remember. I rarely go back to correct mistakes in older entries. You have been warned :)

2006-01-23

WebLogic 9.1 JWS vs. XMLBeans

I tried to create a web service that accepts an XMLBean as its sole input parameter and produces an XMLBean as its return value.  JWSC was able to compile it, but when I invoked the service I got a SOAP fault reporting the stack trace:

com.bea.xml.XmlRuntimeException: java.lang.InstantiationException: com.bea.xml.XmlObject
        at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.ClassLoadingUtils.newInstance(ClassLoadingUtils.java:137)
        at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.ByNameRuntimeBindingType.createIntermediary(ByNameRuntimeBindingType.java:196)
        at com.bea.staxb.runtime.internal.AttributeUnmarshaller.unmarshal(AttributeUnmarshaller.java:36)

I guess the deserializer is looking for a no-arg constructor for XmlObject.  As of WLS 9.0, there is no longer a way to register a custom deserializer to overcome the absence of a no-arg constructor/bean pattern.

It would appear that others are having similar problems.

Blog Archive